The Manhattan Beach Dining Scene is about to change drastically for the better. In addition to all of our great local restaurants that have made it through the past year, there are several new restaurants slated to open in the next few months. The Manhattan Village Mall which is undergoing a huge $250 million renovation will be home to many of the new restaurants that are soon to open. They are as follows..
- Edo Little Bites which will serve breakfast pastries, salads, sandwiches and lasagna and pizza.
- Joey Manhattan Beach which is set to open on March 4th, 2021 and will serve fast casual food with Asian, Mediterranean and American dishes.
- Sunlife Organics which serves smoothies and acai bowls.
- Dan Modern Chinese which we are very excited about as Manhattan Beach really needs a good Chinese restaurant. It will serve modern Chinese food as its’ name suggests and is supposed to open in May.
- Smashburger is supposed to open in June and will serve burgers and fries and salads and chicken sandwiches etc.
- Sidecar Doughnuts and Coffee is also supposed to open in June and will have yummy doughnuts and really good coffee.
- Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream has over 60 locations throughout the Country and is supposed to open in June as well.
- Sweetgreen is a healthy national chain with salads, chicken plates and bowls.
- Silverlake Ramen is scheduled to open in August and is a casual noodle and Ramen shop.
In addition to these restaurants, Eddie V’s is set to open on Rosecrans and will have a huge outdoor dining patio and prime seafood and steak, hand crafted cocktails and live Jazz nightly. Esperanza is soon to open in downtown Manhattan Beach in the former Shark’s Cove space. It is being opened by the same owners as Palmilla in Hermosa Beach and Tower 12 and Shark’s Cove and is sure to have really incredible Mexican food in a very cool modern new building. Lastly, one of the many casualties of the
Corona Virus and the restaurants being shut down, was that Costa Manhattan Beach closed its’ doors permanently. The good news is that the current owners plan to open a yet to be named new concept in the next few months. Stay tuned for more news on that one! Wishing you all a very heathy and safe Spring and I hope to see you out and about at one of our many new or established fabulous local restaurants.